These candies are adorkable and easy to make. I saw a photo once of the same idea and made my own. Here's how!
Here is what you'll need:
- White Chocolate
- Thin straight pretzels
- Yellow M&Ms (either regular or the somewhat larger peanut butter ones)
- Break the white chocolate up into small pieces, put into a bowl, and heat up gently in the microwave about 5 seconds at a time. Stir it around every 5 seconds so you get a feel for it. Microwave it just enough that the pieces are getting a little melty but there is still a lot of solid pieces. Stop microwaving it at this time.
- Stir constantly, the residual heat will continue to melt the solid parts of the chocolate. Stir until it's all melted together. Microwave it another few seconds at a time if you really need to, but keep in mind you don't want to heat it any more than you have to.
- Put a small dollop on some parchment paper and flatten it a bit.
- Put a yellow M&M in the melted white chocolate puddle a little off-center. Put your finger on top of it and give the M&M a little circular rocking motion of a twirl. This will stick some white chocolate to the sides and make it look more like it's a yolk that is attached to the white.
- Now break two small pieces of pretzel.
- Lay them on the chocolate.
- You're done!